Quick Tutorial: Add Recurring Events To Google Calendar
As promised in yesterday’s post about “How to Reconnect with Old Friends in Five Easy Steps”, here is a quick tutorial on how to add recurring events to your Google calendar (desktop version).
- Your calendar will look something like Exhibit A below. (Exhibit A and all the following exhibits are screenshots of an empty calendar I created for demonstration purposes.) The calendar shown in Exhibit A is set in the “month” view.
- Left-click on the day you want the recurring event to start. This will open a pop-up window as shown below in Exhibit B. Then, click “Edit event”.
- A more detailed edit event box will open. See Exhibit C.
- Add a title for your event in the box that has the words “untitled event”.
- If the “All day” check box is checked, uncheck it to pick a time for the event to start.
- If you followed the first step and left-clicked on the calendar in the day you wanted to start the event, the date should be correct. If not, click on the date box to pick your starting date.
- Click the box beside “Repeat” so it is checked. (Note: the first time this box is check, a pop-up box will appear. To make changes later, you will see an edit link.)
- The repeat edit box will look similar to Exhibit D.
- Fill in the first option, “Repeats”, with the details of when you want the event to recur on your calendar. See the different choices in Exhibit E.
- Continue selecting options:
- Repeats: and Repeat every: I chose my event to repeat monthly and set “Repeat every:” to 1 so it will repeat every month.
- Repeat by: Select “day of the week”. The event in this example will repeat on Friday. (note: if 2/10/17 was a Monday, the event will repeat every Monday). If you select “day of the month”, the event will repeat each month on the 10th, in this example.
- Start by: Select the date of your first event.
- Ends: Any of the options will work. I picked “After 12 occurrences” for this example.
- Summary: Keep an eye on this box as you make option selections. It will summarize in simple language the options you have selected.
- After you are satisfied with your selections, click save.
Return to your calendar and scroll through the months to check your results. If you didn’t get the desired results, you can always delete and start over.
Viola! You are done!
If you like this post, please click the heart/like button. If you have any question or comments, please complete the comment section below.
Hope this post was helpful.